Learn More About Your Westlake Village Veterinarian
As the Westlake Village area’s trusted veterinarian, Anza Animal Clinic is committed to your pet’s health and wellness. We understand just how important it is to find a veterinary clinic you can trust with your four-legged friend’s needs, which is why we always strive to provide the highest standard of care—all while fostering a comfortable and stress-free environment in our office. To accomplish this, we offer separate waiting areas for cats and dogs, and our office staff is always here to greet you and your pets with a smile.
It is our team’s mission to treat your pet just as we would our own, which is why we are dedicated to providing you with the education and resources you need to help your pet lead a healthy, happy life. We also prioritize staying up-to-date on the latest veterinary technology to ensure that your pet receives the best possible care—whether the appointment is for a routine wellness exam, a complex surgery, or anything in between.
Meet Our Veterinarians and Vet Team for the Communities of Thousand Oaks, Lake Sherwood, Newbury Park, Agoura Hills, Oak Park, and Westlake Village, CA
With more than a dozen animal lovers on our veterinary team, including two veterinarians, Anza Animal Clinic takes great pride in providing you and your pets with the best experience.
Our very own Dr. Stephen Watase is an area resident who received his Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine with High Honors from the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine in 1985. After receiving his DVM from UC Davis he completed an Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery at the University of Minnesota College of Veterinary Medicine. He then went on to purchase this very clinic from Dr. Michael Gordon in 1993, and has been proudly running it ever since.
Our other veterinarian, Dr. Melanie Spadaro-Goldstein, grew up right here in Westlake Village. Upon receiving her Bachelor’s Degree in Molecular Environmental Biology in 2010 from UC Berkeley, she completed her Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine at the UC Davis School of Veterinary Medicine in 2014. After completing an Internship in Small Animal Medicine and Surgery in at VMSG Ventura, she accepted her position here at Anza Animal Clinic. Here, her areas of expertise include Dentistry, Ultrasonography, Critical Care, and Internal Medicine.
Veterinary Services Offered for Cats and Dogs
We strive to be the area’s one-stop shop for all their veterinary needs, which is why we offer a wide range of services right here in our office. Some of our most popular services include:
- Wellness Exams and Vaccines – annual wellness exams and vaccinations are a great way to protect your pet’s overall health and wellness.
- Wellness Bloodwork and Urine Testing.
- Dental Exams and Cleanings – we recommend regular dental exams and Digital Xray to protect your pet’s oral health, as well as cleanings to remove dangerous plaque and tartar build-up. We offer both anesthetic and non-anesthetic dental procedures.
- General Surgery of the Eyes, Ears, Oral Cavity, Skin, and Tumors – We use a Surgical Laser to minimize pain and bleeding and reduce surgery time.
- Spay and Neuter procedures – spaying/neutering your pet is a great way to do your part in reducing the over-population of pets. Ask about current Spay and Neuter Promotions.
- Digital-rays, Ultrasound, and Comprehensive Laboratory Diagnostics – for acute and critical care.
- Emergency Care – includes animal poison control and emergency surgeries.
- Cold Laser Therapy – laser treatment for conditions such as arthritis, back pain, knee pain, hip dysplasia, torn cruciate ligament, and more.
- Microchipping – ideal for helping you reunite with your pet if he or she gets lost.
- Complete Pharmacy
We also offer boarding services, so contact us the next time your pet is in need of a place to stay while you’re away.
Request a Pet Health Care Appointment Today
You can schedule an appointment with Anza Animal Clinic today by giving us a call at (805) 495-1059. We proudly serve the surrounding communities of Westlake Village, Thousand Oaks, Lake Sherwood, Newbury Park, Agoura Hills, and Oak Park. When you call, inquire about our new patient and referral specials!